Tuesday 6 April 2010

Soul Mates

Do you believe in soul mates, a person you are destined to be with? Someone you are connected to in ways you cannot imagine. Someone you may never even meet or be able to be with, yet they are still your soul mate. Someone who is the other half of you, the other part of the puzzle if you like. The person who makes you one, makes you whole.

We all have a soul mate out there in the big wide world, in some cases we have more than one soul mate. Some people can have three or four others just the one. We do not always get to meet our soul mate and in lots of occasions we do not get to be with our soul mate as they are already married, spoken for or circumstances do not pan out for one reason or another. If you believe in reincarnation then we could meet our soul mate in one of our previous lives not the life we are living now.

I met my soul mate about nine years a go now. We met by chance. As soon as we met we both knew there was something that extra bit special between us. There was a spark, an intensity between us that we could not explain. It was like we were two pieces of the same object. I was the hand he was the glove that fitted perfectly. We shared so many interests and had such a lot in common - it was scary. We made each other laugh and we could instantly talk with ease about anything from the weather to music, work to sex.

Sadly it was not destined to be. He had a girlfriend and I had someone in my life. We knew that there was a time limit on our acquaintance, the egg timer started off full but soon ran out. I think we knew one another for two months. Just two months. Not a lot of time. In that time however we made the most of every second we had together. I don't mean we were naughty or anything like that. We had partners so we could not act on our impulses although I certainly would have liked to and I think he felt the same way.

After the two months he went his way and me mine. We both said that if things had of been different then maybe we could have dated or got together but fate conspired against us and so we just had a few precious weeks together. It wasn't long but I wouldn't trade those weeks with anyone.

I never saw him again. As you can tell I have never ever forgotten him and never will!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment